Why Should I Choose Granite for My Kitchen Top?
A healthy family is the product of a healthy kitchen. We can say that the kitchen is the soul of our house. Our family’s nourishment, the energy that we use for that long stressful day and that steak that we are looking forward to as we drive home from work, all comes from the kitchen. What could be a better investment than making your kitchen even more magical? Move up your kitchen to another notch; give it a luxurious taste by installing granite worktops.
Why should you choose granite in Wedgefield? What does this material have that others don’t?
Granite is a very popular choice when it comes to making kitchen worktops. Not only is granite a luxurious accent, but it is also known to be a very durable and reliable igneous rock. So if you want a long lasting kitchen top, you can never go wrong with granite worktops, just make sure that you are buying the finest quality granite. Because of granite’s popularity, manufacturers have come up of these affordable granites, but are nowhere near top quality granites, so better watch out for those.
Why Choose Granite Kitchen Tops?
Granite kitchen top tops are definitely the very popular object in kitchen remodels. It's not only gorgeous, still, it as crafted of rock, so it is definitely lifelong strong.
Let me briefly report a few advantages and disadvantages associated with granite over different kinds of counter top products.
- Long lasting as well as solid
- Water-resistant as well as reduced upkeep
- Heat resistant as well as scratch resistant
- Adds worth within the house
- It may stain if not sealed adequately
- Color match can be challenging
- Heavy and complicated for a do-it-yourself activity
- Definitely does need routine sealing of surface area
Granite Floor tile Counter
The most cost effective option to gat a granite "look" kitchen top would be to install granite tile for your kitchen top tops.
Instead of spacing these kinds of tiles, it is preferred to fit all of them snugly together side to edge and then fasten them together with an epoxy glue. Generally the actual platform counter would be plywood or particle board along with a 1/4" layer of concrete backer board connected to the top to accept the floor tiles.
Due to the fact this type of process is fabricated offsite with the use of special tools and installers, then moved to the actual household to be attached, it's rarely a do it yourself job. The extra weight from the solid tops can certainly vary from somewhere between one hundred lbs to substantially more than 600 pounds according to the size.
I have looked at prices from granite slab manufacturing companies to install slab granite for as low as $29.00 per square foot, even so, a much more appropriate number is approximately $55 to $75 per square foot, or more installed.
In conclusion, there are actually various options within granite counter top prices readily available to construct the kitchen look and feel that you want inside of your current spending budget.
Granite Kitchen Tops: Add Value to Your Home
For renovated or new homes alike, granite has grown in popularity more and more. There are many reasons for this due to the many benefits of of granites use as a kitchen top top material. The entire list would be too long for this article, so we've compiled the top benefits listed below.
1. The natural beauty of a granite counter top. Vast arrays of shades, colors, and textures are available. Colors to compliment any decor can be found weather its a neutral color or something bright, your personal tastes can always be satisfied. One note here, if your counter top will need more than one slab to complete, make sure they come from the same mine batch or color shades could be objectionably different between slabs.
2. The durability of kitchen granite counter tops. Granite is one of the most durable materials available. Unlike Formica, it isn't subject to burning by hot pots or pans being cooked with. Granite is resistant to staining and discoloring when properly sealed on a regular basis. Sealing is easily done by anyone, and a properly sealed granite counter top will maintain a beautiful shiny luster for a lifetime.
3. Never try to recycle fixtures such as the faucet or sink. With granite applications, an under mount sink looks best - mounted on the underside of the granite, with a silicon sealant preventing leaks. An under mount sink can not be installed or replaced after the granite is in place. So purchase the best quality sink you can afford.
With these few points in mind, you're ready to go and have your kitchen top top transformed with gorgeous granite. Don't be alarmed when friends and neighbors see it for the first time and gasp at the transformation.
Brief Note on Kitchen Tops in Wedgefield
Before buying worktops, it’s always wise to read reviews and consider feedback from consumers. You can find a lot of good reviews on the Internet and from reputable home magazines. Doing this will help you make the right decision. Granite and quartz both have strengths and weaknesses, but you want to buy something that would stay intact over the years.